Australia is a world leader in cancer research and the Australian Government is committed to ensuring Australia remains internationally competitive and at the forefront of research and discovery regarding cancer, its origins, treatment and the care of people affected by cancer.
Cancer research and clinical trials are vital to increase our understanding of how to prevent cancer, develop new approaches to detecting, diagnosing and treating cancers, and improve support and care for people affected by cancer.
Find out more about:
- Priority-driven collaborative cancer research scheme - PDCCRS
- Supporting people with cancer - grant initiative
- Grants and funding
- Support for clinical trials
- National cancer data strategy
- Data set development
- National Cancer Control Indicators - an interactive website of national data across the continuum of cancer control.