1. National Breast Cancer Centre. Clinical practice guidelines for the management of early breast cancer (2nd edition). Commonwealth of Australia: Canberra, 2001.
2. Early Breast Cancer Trialists’ Collaborative Group (EBCTCG). Effects of radiotherapy and of differences in the extent of surgery for early breast cancer on local recurrence and 15-year survival: an overview of the randomised trials. Lancet 2005;366(9503):2087-2106.
3. James ML, Lehman M, Hider PN, et al. Fraction size in radiation treatment for breast conservation in early breast cancer. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2008;3):CD003860.
4. Faculty of Radiation Oncology and The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists. RANZCR The Clinicians guide to radiation oncology. M Barton, Editor: Sydney, 2002.
5. Poortmans PM, Collette L, Bartelink H, et al. The addition of a boost dose on the primary tumour bed after lumpectomy in breast conserving treatment for breast cancer. A summary of the results of EORTC 22881-10882 "boost versus no boost" trial. Cancer Radiother 2008;12(6-7):565-70.
6. Whelan TJ, Pignol JP, Levine MN, et al. Long-term results of hypofractionated radiation therapy for breast cancer. N Engl J Med 2010;362(6):513-20.
7. Owen JR, Ashton A, Bliss JM, et al. Effect of radiotherapy fraction size on tumour control in patients with early-stage breast cancer after local tumour excision: long-term results of a randomised trial. Lancet Oncol 2006;7(6):467-71.
8. Spooner D, Stocken DD, Jordan S, et al. A randomised controlled trial to evaluate both the role and optimal fractionation of radiotherapy in the conservative management of early breast cancer. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, 2008.
9. Yarnold J, Ashton A, Bliss J, et al. Fractionation sensitivity and dose response of late adverse effects in the breast after radiotherapy for early breast cancer: long-term results of a randomised trial. Radiother Oncol 2005;75(1):9-17.
10. Bentzen SM, Agrawal RK, Aird EG, et al. The UK Standardisation of Breast Radiotherapy (START) Trial A of radiotherapy hypofractionation for treatment of early breast cancer: a randomised trial. Lancet Oncol 2008;9(4):331-41.
11. Whelan T, MacKenzie R, Julian J, et al. Randomized trial of breast irradiation schedules after lumpectomy for women with lymph node-negative breast cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst 2002;94(15):1143-50.
12. Bentzen SM, Agrawal RK, Aird EG, et al. The UK Standardisation of Breast Radiotherapy (START) Trial B of radiotherapy hypofractionation for treatment of early breast cancer: a randomised trial. Lancet 2008;371(9618):1098-107.
13. National Health and Medical Research Council. How to use the evidence: assessment and application of scientific evidence. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia, 2000.
14. National Breast Cancer Centre and National Cancer Control Initiative. Clinical practice guidelines for the psychosocial care of adults with cancer. Commonwealth of Australia: Canberra, 2003.
15. Cancer Australia. A systematic literature review of hypofractionated radiotherapy for the treatment of early breast cancer. NBOCC: Surry Hills NSW, 2010.
16. Smith BD, Bentzen SM, Correa CR, et al. Fractionation for Whole Breast Irradiation: An American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Evidence-Based Guideline. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2011;81(1):59-68.^
17. Haviland JS, Yarnold JR and Bentzen SM. Hypofractionated radiotherapy for breast cancer. N Engl J Med 2010;362(19):1843; author reply 1843-4.
18. Hopwood P, Haviland JS, Sumo G, et al. Comparison of patient-reported breast, arm, and shoulder symptoms and body image after radiotherapy for early breast cancer: 5-year follow-up in the randomised Standardisation of Breast Radiotherapy (START) trials. Lancet Oncol 2010;11(3):231-40.
19. Herbert C, Nichol A, Olivotto I, et al. The Impact of Hypofractionated Whole Breast Radiotherapy on Local Relapse in Patients with Grade 3 Early Breast Cancer: A Population-based Cohort Study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2011;April 6th(epub ahead of print):1-7.^
20. Yarnold J, Bentzen SM, Coles C and Haviland J. Hypofractionated whole-breast radiotherapy for women with early breast cancer: myths and realities. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2011;79(1):1-9.
21. The FAST Trialists group. First results of the randomised UK FAST Trial of radiotherapy hypofractionation for treatment of early breast cancer (CRUKE/04/015). Radiother Oncol 2011;100(1):93-100.^
^ These articles were considered by the NBOCC’s Hypofractionated radiotherapy working group but published after March 2010.