The following important clinical questions cannot be answered adequately based on currently available data. Topic areas for these unanswered questions include:
- What is the optimal use of magnetic resonance spectroscopy, MRI, PET and ultrasound in staging the axilla?
- How should prognostic tools be used to predict further nodal involvement?
- What is the significance of micrometastases and isolated tumour cells?
- What is the optimal management for patients with a positive finding on sentinel node biopsy?
- What quality of life issues are associated with management of the axilla?
- What is the optimal use/duration of radiotherapy following axillary dissection?